Too large space before cross-references?

Richard Kimberly Heck rikiheck at lyx.org
Sun Apr 5 15:02:22 UTC 2020

On 4/5/20 7:37 AM, Neal Becker wrote:
> In my opinion a full space is proper here, although I'd usually put a
> tie. Usually want to prevent line break before a number.

I'm a bit puzzled, too, why one would want a half space there. But it is
customizable. How depends upon whether you are using refstyle or
prettyref. For refstyle:

\newref{tab}{name = {table\thinspace{}}, Name = {Table\thinspace{}}}

Etc, if you want to redefine for the plural case.

For prettyref:

\newrefformat{tab}{Table\thinspace\ref{#1}}

Riki