Help with Lyx file- Missing packages

Jean-Marc Lasgouttes lasgouttes at lyx.org
Wed Jan 13 09:35:34 UTC 2021

Le 12/01/2021 à 23:46, Kerry A. Bowman a écrit :
> Dear Lyx Customer Service,

Dear Kerry,

First, I am sorry to admit that we do not have a customer service. The
best you can do when you have issues like this one is to send a message
to the lyx-users at lists.lyx.org list, where other users (or developers)
will be happy to assist.

> I am having trouble viewing and saving the attached file in PDF form. When I go to view the file in PDF I get an error message about missing packages. I looked online and saw that in Document>Settings>Latex preamble, but it says to contact you here and not edit the preamble.

I am curious to know where you get this last information. I suspect that
it is in the code of one of our manual, but it is unfortunate that it
can be construed as general advice.

To go back to your problem, there is not much we can do to help unless
you tell us what is your operating system and are the packages that are
marked as missing.

Regards,
JMarc