Help Document Review and Initial Contact

Pavel Sanda sanda at lyx.org
Mon Jul 13 16:44:48 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 07:17:56AM -0600, Q wrote:
> I do still want to review the other documentation however the amount of time I thought I would have evaporated when I returned to work.  Also while I know what git is, I don't know how to use it ... yet.  I need to install it and get the LyX files.
> I found the "How to Use Git" page on the Lyx.org website and will start there.  It has some instructions on pulling the repository down.  I assume that would have the current versions.

To simplify, you can send us only lyx file, not patch.
Just use the most updated version of the manual, which you
can download even without knowing anything about git.

For 2.3 series just go to
https://git.lyx.org/?p=lyx.git;a=tree;f=lib/doc;hb=refs/heads/2.3.x
download in raw format of the manual and edit in your lyx session.

Pavel