Save on save

Pavel Sanda sanda at lyx.org
Mon Mar 30 15:38:41 UTC 2020

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 04:46:33PM +0200, Daniel wrote:
> Windows, a star next to the title indicates that there are unsaved changes,
> on macOS a dot in the close button. LyX already provides those. Couldn't you
> start looking for those instead?

Nope, my solution is quite different, I'll just add reversal of this
change to my private patchset ;)

But the point of my message was to point out that there is also price
for the proposed change namely for the use cases where people rely on
timestamps as its encouranges useless save. Whether we want to pay it
or no depends on what others will think.

If I understood correctly this change is being pushed as workaround
for completely different problem(s), like storing the state of inset.
Why not rather address the problem itself?