Save on save

racoon xracoonx at gmx.de
Fri Mar 27 16:52:55 UTC 2020

On 2020-03-27 17:41, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
> On 3/27/20 4:21 AM, Daniel wrote:

>>> Unfortunately, when the settings dialog is closed and re-opened
>>> everything that comes after the first semi-colon is chopped off. Is that
>>> a bug?
>>
>> Oddly enough, it is possible to use similar command sequences. So, the
>> problem isn't general. For example,
>>
>> command-sequence self-insert .; space-insert normal
>>
>> just works fine (see https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/11798#comment:6).
>> I don't know what the difference might be.
>
> Don't see it here.
>
> You can put it manually into your user.bind file if need be.
>
> Riki

Thanks, that helped. And I figured out what the problem was. I copied
the command from your email not knowing that my email program had
inserted a line-break after the first command in the sequence.
Unfortunately, the input box in the shortcut editor masked this. I guess
it would be better if text pasted into the input box was cleaned of
characters it does not support rather than just hiding them.

Daniel