Assertion with BATCH_outline-beamer test

Scott Kostyshak skostysh at lyx.org
Thu Mar 26 23:05:36 UTC 2020

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 08:08:50PM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Le 26/03/2020 à 19:35, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
> > Note that I made a recent change in a setCursor() call in outline-down
> > so that is a good candidate.
>
> Indeed :)

Attached is an example file. To reproduce, put the cursor in the first
position of the buffer and press <alt> + <Down>. For some reason,
outline() was changing the cursor position to 1. I'm not sure if that's
intended behavior, but in any case the assertion is fixed at a higher
level at a1169188.

On a separate issue, there's what I think is undesired behavior in that
outline() should put the frame after the next frame. Instead, it breaks
up the second frame because it wants to put the first before
"References". I'm not sure what is ideal here though, because if you
look at the outliner, you see "frame, frame, references" so you might
expect the frame to go before references after the move. I guess there
needs to be a concept of references being nested in frame and that being
shown in the outliner.

Scott