Save on save

Daniel xracoonx at gmx.de
Fri Mar 20 19:34:35 UTC 2020

On 2020-03-20 19:34, Pavel Sanda wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 07:12:00PM +0100, Daniel wrote:
>> I think such an indication is optional, but might be a good idea. Except for
>> libre office I saw no other application that has this indication. Maybe
>> because the indication in the title is already considered sufficient?
>
> As far as I looked on different offices the indication is not there becase
> the ban saving clean document they way we do. (I understand your problems though.)

I understood that Open Office and MS Office do it as LyX. The same for
Adobe Reader. I did not see it in Pages and Scribus. Also, I guess it is
not a feature that would be particularly useful in office applications
only. Inkscape, for example, didn't have it either. Many applications
allow for always saving, e.g. Skim and Visual Studio Code, but don't
have toolbar icons for save at all.

Daniel