Save on save

Daniel xracoonx at gmx.de
Fri Mar 20 07:11:22 UTC 2020

On 2020-03-19 23:09, Guenter Milde wrote:
> On 2020-03-19, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:

>>> I find it hard to remember doing this. So, I would like to change LyX's
>>> Save command to a forced saving.
>
>>> Maybe there is a nice command sequence that renders the document dirty,
>>> maybe via some change; undoes the change, if there was one made; saves?
>
>> Yes, you could assign something like "command-sequence self-insert s;
>> char-delete-backward; buffer-write" to Ctrl-S. Undo won't work, because
>> then the document isn't dirty again.
>
> I usually use "Save-As" (Shift-Ctrl-S here) in these cases.
>
> Günter

Save As is a bit complicated as a general replacement for Save. But I
can't remember to use it just for some cases. When I make changes to
insets that seem important to me I just think I should be able to save
them as I save every other document change. It doesn't come to my mind
that I am in a special situation.

Daniel