supported-languages.lyx: languages output order can vary and cause (?) failed compile

Guenter Milde milde at users.sf.net
Mon Mar 16 11:30:23 UTC 2020

On 2020-03-14, Scott Kostyshak wrote:

> When I run the ctests, sometimes the supported-languages tests fail.
> After comparing the failing .tex file produced to when I export on the
> command line, it seems that the .tex files are slightly different. The
> difference that causes the failure seems to be the order of the
> languages in the \documentclass command. Attached is a file that fails
> with the "latex" command. But if you comment out the \documentclass
> statement and uncomment the "good" one just above, it passes.

> Should the order of the languages matter?

In an ideal world, it should not matter.
However, we know that many language definition files contain parts that make
them incompatible to other packages or language definition files.

So, for me this is no surprise.

> Does the .tex file fail for others when compiled with the "latex"
> command?

Here on my old Debian/stable TL, there is no error log but the compilation
runs "endless" until I kill it.

Günter