[LyX/master] Start reporting missing citations and broken references in LaTeX build.

Daniel xracoonx at gmx.de
Sat Mar 14 13:29:52 UTC 2020

On 2020-03-14 11:20, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 14.03.2020, 10:04 +0100 schrieb Daniel:
>> Great. (Just for reference: This was part of the suggestions of the
>> rest
>> of my post.) I think that would be helpful.
>
> I know. I just cut it for readability.
>
>> However, depending on how large the document and how many sub-
>> documents
>> there are, it might still be asking too much that the user should
>> scroll
>> through all those documents. So, some kind of comprehensive
>> reporting
>> could still be helpful.
>
> How about a dedicated outliner entry "Broken citations and references"?
> This would be easiest to implement, and it would give you both a quick
> report and the possibility to navigate to the broken insets quickly.
>
> Jürgen

Yes, I think that would be helpful. In particular if some broken
references would be classified as such that currently aren't. For
example, visible references to hidden labels
(https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/11782). On the other hand, there are
some that are currently classified only as in the work area BROKEN that
I wouldn't want to see there, e.g. hidden broken references (those in
notes).

Daniel