[LyX/master] outline-up/down: preserve cursor's position

Scott Kostyshak skostysh at lyx.org
Wed Mar 11 23:56:02 UTC 2020

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 10:16:10PM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Le 11/03/2020 à 21:03, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
> > I'm glad I'm not the only one that originally interpretted JMarc's
> > comment like that. I made a patch thinking he was hinting that I should
> > combine the code to reduce duplication. See attached. Now I realize
> > that's not what he was trying to say, and I'm not sure the patch
> > actually makes things more clear.
>
> Indeed my point is that the icons should do the same think as the key
> bindings. Unless one has a pretty good reason. The best way to do it is to
> have the buttons call the lfuns.

OK I'll take a look at the buttons. They do call the LFUNs but I think
they do something before/after.

> JMarc
>
> PS: I agree that the factoring patch does not help much :)

It is frustrating though because also the code in LFUN_OUTLINE_IN and
LFUN_OUTLINE_OUT are so similar. It would be nice to find a simple way
to reduce the duplication but I could not find one.

Scott