How to Specify PDF Attachments?

Joel Kulesza jkulesza at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 13:15:20 UTC 2020

> On Feb 26, 2020, at 05:23, Pavel Sanda <sanda at lyx.org> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 11:47:40PM -0700, Joel Kulesza wrote:
>> *If this is not currently possible, I want to solicit your thoughts on how
>> to incorporate such functionality.*  My immediate thought is by using the
>
> I think the most obvious candidate is external material machinery.

This means that I’ll have to specify the file name twice, right?  It is often the case that I want/need to list the file but also want to include it for the readers convenience. The frustration of files being renamed and having to keep them updated in multiple places is why I’m becoming tired of ERT. This, and having multiple items for each file (a program listing and the ERT).

I’m not dismissing your suggestion, but just trying to see if we can fulfill my goals with it.  Thanks!

Alternatively, perhaps a new external material dialog to act as a file manager, which at least will centralize all file names?  If we go this route, I’m concerned about keeping the file inclusion local to the context/content that refers to it.

>> I'm curious to hear your thoughts on how to proceed to achieve this
>> functionality natively in LyX conveniently, intuitively, and while avoiding
>> duplication of data (i.e., file paths).  *Once an approach is identified,
>> I'll file a ticket in the tracker and will begin coding to that end.*
>>
>> In the meantime, please contact me with any comments, questions, or
>> concerns.
>
> If I don't run adobe acrobat, how I get to the attachment?

Evince can be used and a colleague reports that Okular also works.

Thanks,
Joel