Importing files: Some file types (.tex, .odt) only show up under "All files"

Tobias Hilbricht hilbricht at linopus.de
Tue Feb 25 20:10:39 UTC 2020

Am Dienstag, den 25.02.2020, 18:22 +0100 schrieb Pavel Sanda:
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 06:09:29PM +0100, Tobias Hilbricht wrote:
> > Dear Pavel,
> > I did steps 1 - 4, but .tex files do not show up. Regarding to my
> > desktop, I am using GNOME 3.28.4 as it comes with Ubuntu 18.04.4
> > LTS.
>
> Another shot in the dark:
>
> does using
> \use_native_filedialog false
> or
> \use_native_filedialog true
>
> in your preferences file makes any difference?
>
> Pavel

There we are! If I write

\use_native_filedialog false

at the end of my ~/.lyx/preferences-file, then it works properly, .tex-
files show up (the look-and-feel of the file-open-dialog changes a
little bit, though), with

\use_native_filedialog true

the problem in consideration returns.
Playing around with this I noticed that my added custom entry in the
preferences-file disappeared, but it still works, with
OpenDocumentText.odt files as well.
So far as I can see now I am happy with this solution - thanks a lot!

Tobias