Import v. Insert

Paul A. Rubin parubin73 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 15:47:22 UTC 2020

There's a thread on the user list from someone running LyX 2.3.4.2 on
Ubuntu 18.04.4. The File > Import File > LaTeX (plain) file dialog fails
to show .tex files with the default (LaTeX) file filter, but does show
them with the "all files" filter. In contrast, Insert > File > Child
document ... dialog with the default filter (LaTeX/LyX documents) does
seem to work for him.

Can anyone point to a difference in how the file filters are set up that
might provide a clue. FWIW, I am unable to reproduce the problem on Mint
(which is Ubuntu-based), but my file dialogs look substantially
different from his (and not just because er spricht Deutsch). Could this
be a Qt setting issue?

TIA,
Paul