Perl and Indexing? [Re: Building windows installer questions]

Richard Kimberly Heck rikiheck at lyx.org
Mon Feb 24 23:59:08 UTC 2020

On 2/24/20 2:30 PM, Yu Jin wrote:
> Am So., 23. Feb. 2020 um 11:23 Uhr schrieb Jürgen Spitzmüller
> <spitz at lyx.org <mailto:spitz at lyx.org>>:
>
>     Am Samstag, den 22.02.2020, 12:03 -0500 schrieb Richard Kimberly Heck:
>     > Am I right that the splitindex_command LyXRC variable is not handled
>     > in the UI?
>
>     Yes. We take the first we find.
>

>  Looks like I should leave the Perl interpreter as it is for now.
> Actually I wanted to create an Installer from the 2.3.4.3 source and
> upload it for testing... Not sure what to do with Bug #11750
> <https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/11750> though, leave the sources as
> they are or wait for a fix?

You can include that patch in your testing binary if you wish. Since it
isn't an official release, I don't think we're too fussed about this.

An even better thing to do, if you wanted, would be to release a testing
binary based upon current 2.3.x. I've been meaning to do that kind of
thing for a while but just not had time.