LaTeX3 Error: Backend request inconsistent with engine: using 'pdfmode'

Kornel Benko kornel at lyx.org
Sat Feb 22 19:32:14 UTC 2020

Am Sat, 22 Feb 2020 19:04:48 -0000 (UTC)
schrieb Guenter Milde <milde at users.sf.net>:

> On 2020-02-22, Kornel Benko wrote:
> > Am Sat, 22 Feb 2020 09:44:21 -0000 (UTC)
> > schrieb Guenter Milde <milde at users.sf.net>:

> >> Could you please test export to Postscript or PDF (ps2pdf) and check the
> >> orientation of rotated pages in the output?
>

> > No visible differences.
> > 'diffpdf' finds some, but only some glyphs are there, see attached.
>
> If it is/looks right with "auto" now, then it should be save to change from
> "dvips" to "auto" and remove the clause and comment from "invertedTests".
>
> Günter

Looks OK for examples/Presentations/Foils.lyx
but not for  examples/fr/Presentations/Foils.lyx
PDF (xetex) (system fonts) OK
PDF (luatex) (system fonts) OK
PDF (luatex) (tex fonts) gives following error
	LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for U/cmr/m/n on input line 43.
	LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 43.
	LaTeX Info: Redefining \dots on input line 43.
	LaTeX Info: Redefining \up on input line 43.
	LaTeX Font Info:    Font shape `T1/fcmss/b/n' in size <29.86> not available
	(Font)              Font shape `T1/fcmss/bx/n' tried instead on input line 49.
	! error:  (linebreak): invalid list tail, probably missing glue
	!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

	Kornel