Python compiler infects "immutable" bundle - how to avoid it?

Stephan Witt st.witt at gmx.net
Fri Feb 21 11:08:53 UTC 2020

Hi pythonists,

I’m trying to make ready for code signing on Mac.

The idea of code signing is to ship the package with a digital
signature to guarantee the integrity of the software.

https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/Security/Conceptual/CodeSigningGuide/Introduction/Introduction.html

The problem now is arising: the python scripts LyX is using
are compiled on the fly and the result is placed inside the
package. That way the package looses its integrity.

Is there any suggestion how to handle this?

I thought about to compile and ship the scripts on my system.
But this is probably a bad idea - python at runtime can have
different version. Is it possible to suppress the on the fly
compile process and what’s the price to pay? Or is it possible
to direct it to some directory below the .lyx in users home?

Stephan