Perl and Indexing? [Re: Building windows installer questions]

Jean-Marc Lasgouttes lasgouttes at lyx.org
Thu Feb 20 22:10:30 UTC 2020

Le 20/02/2020 à 11:36, Kornel Benko a écrit :
> No, why should it? If we provide lyx, we do not provide python.
>
> OTOH, package 'texlive-binaries' needs perl for instance and package 'texlive-base' wants
> 'perl-tk'.

Yes, it is the purpose of a texlive distribution: provide everything
needed to make tools work. Hence my expectation that texlive on windows
provides perl if it provides  perl scripts.

Actually it does:
https://www.tug.org/texlive/windows.html

It seems that MikTex does not do that, though. I am not sure it is LyX
responsibility to cater for that.

JMarc