Standard key binding for SyncTeX forward-search?

Stephan Witt st.witt at gmx.net
Thu Feb 20 21:10:17 UTC 2020

Am 20.02.2020 um 19:24 schrieb Kornel Benko <kornel at lyx.org>:

> Am Thu, 20 Feb 2020 18:10:30 +0100
> schrieb Stephan Witt <st.witt at gmx.net>:

>>> Also working and IMO sensible is: C-S-Right.
>>
>> But also not free :(
>>
>> I think this reveals a real problem. I’ve detected some other clashes
>> introduced over time. E.g. in mac.bind
>>
>> \bind "M-C-Right"  "depth-increment"
>> \bind "C-M-Right"  "tabular-feature move-column-right"
>>
>> I’ll see how to check for this with a script…
>>
>> Stephan
>
> Thanks for the idea. Script is ready.
>
> For mac, I get
> $ bindCheck.pl mac
> 	file = /usr/src/lyx/lyx-git/lib/bind/mac.bind
> 	clash for key C-M-Right in line 365
> 		prev line(266)	value(depth-increment)
> 		new  line(365)	value(tabular-feature move-column-right)
> 	clash for key C-M-Left in line 366
> 		prev line(267)	value(depth-decrement)
> 		new  line(366)	value(tabular-feature move-column-left)
> $ bindCheck.pl cua
> 	clash for key S-F7 in line 216
> 		prev line(120)	value(thesaurus-entry)
> 		new  line(216)	value(bookmark-save 7)

:)

Plus Escape?

cua.bind:237:\bind "Escape"			"cancel"
mac.bind:362:\bind "Escape"                       "cancel"
math.bind:139:\bind "Escape"		„escape"

Ok, now I propose this for forward-search:

\bind "C-S-colon"                    "forward-search"
\bind "C-S-period"                   "forward-search"

The duplication is intentional to make it work for different keyboard layouts.
Is this duplication acceptable or is there some other technique to solve this?

Stephan