bug in "view" option

Sivan Frenkel sivanfrenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 18 08:52:36 UTC 2020

Hi,
I am using Win10 and have just updated from version 2.3.4 to 2.3.4.3. The update did solve the delay in saving, but seems to have created a new bug.
The bug interferes with the use of "view" command. I am using Adobe Reader to views PDF files (I am using Adobe Reader DC version 2020.006.20034). When pressing the view button, just after a "successful preview", instead of opening the PDF file I get an error "The instruction at 0x000000007787C19E referenced memory at 0x0000000000000000. The memory could not be read". See below a picture of the error message. It is not clear to me whether its an OS error or an Acrobat error.

When I use "File>Export>PDF (pdflatex)" the pdf is created and is opened using the Acrobat Reader without a problem. Nevertheless, this is clearly less convenient than the single button option.
This must be a new bug, as it never happened before, and didn't happen in ver 2.3.4.
Thank you very much for all your help. LyX is fantastic.
Best,Sivan

Sivan Frenkel
Lecturer in Finance (Assistant Professor)
Coller School of Management
Tel Aviv University
https://sites.google.com/site/sivanfrenkel/