LyX 2.3.4 Windows Installer for Testing

Stephan Witt st.witt at gmx.net
Wed Feb 5 09:53:11 UTC 2020

Am 05.02.2020 um 07:02 schrieb Jürgen Spitzmüller <spitz at lyx.org>:

> Am Mittwoch, den 05.02.2020, 00:32 +0100 schrieb Stephan Witt:
>> Yes, but LyX can test for footnotehyper's presence with
>> isAvailable().
>> Patch attached, ok?
>
> Are you sure docs do not break with hyperref and plain footnote
> package?

Yes, I’m sure. Because it’s already broken for missing footnotehyper package.

LyX checks for the presence of footnotehyper.sty.
The code in question adds \usepackage{footnotehyper} and this fails
in a non-obvious way on compilation if it is not present.
So, IMHO, it’s better to use the information if it is present.

I don't say the UserGuide is compilable then - but at least this error is gone.

Stephan