LyX 2.3.4 Windows Installer for Testing

Jürgen Spitzmüller spitz at lyx.org
Wed Feb 5 06:00:59 UTC 2020

Am Dienstag, den 04.02.2020, 23:40 -0500 schrieb Richard Kimberly Heck:
> We don't really control was various distros do, obviously. I wonder
> whether it would be worth trying to pare down the User Guide a bit,
> so
> that it was compilable with a relatively minimal LaTeX installation.
> Stuff on multi-language support (which, I assume, is where these
> dependencies come from) could be moved into the Additional Features
> manual. That one, and the other manuals, have a lot of dependencies,
> for
> relatively obvious reasons.

I think if people would complain, those packagers might revisit their
decisions. These are really just a few Linux distros who do this. I
don't think we should let ourselves constrain from this really
nonsensical decision.

Also, the LyX binaries could easily require all texlive-lang packages.

Jürgen