LaTeX3 Error: Backend request inconsistent with engine: using 'pdfmode'

Scott Kostyshak skostysh at lyx.org
Mon Feb 3 15:42:06 UTC 2020

On Mon, Feb 03, 2020 at 04:29:34PM +0100, Kornel Benko wrote:

> This is for instance with examples/Presentations/Foils.lyx trying to use pdflatex.
> Same error witth lualatex.
> OTOH, if compiled first to dvi, also pdflatex and lualatex compile fine.

For me the compilation with pdflatex works fine on master, but I have an
outdated TeX Live version (and I don't want to update right now since I
don't want to break compilations I need for work).

Remind me in a week or so if there is still a mystery and I can test on
an updated TL once I get my Virtual Box setup working again.

Scott