Preparing for development

Kornel Benko kornel at lyx.org
Sun Jan 5 20:38:02 UTC 2020

Am Sun, 5 Jan 2020 21:21:07 +0100
schrieb Yu Jin <technikmagma at gmail.com>:

> > In the description you change 'MSVC 2017' to 'MSVC 2019', but later on
> > you still refer to
> >         'MSVC 2017',
> >         C:\LyX\lyx-windows-deps-msvc2017
> >
> > Intended?
> >
> Yes, The Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 is no longer available for download because there
> is the new Visual Studio 2019. But in Qt online installer, there are no MSVC 2019 kits,
> only the 2017 ones, thats why I wrote, that the 2019 MSVC compilers (the build tools
> installed in the Visual Studio installer) are compatible with the MSVC 2017 kits in Qt.
> As for the dependencies, well in here http://ftp.lyx.de/LyXWinInstaller/ are only
> dependencies called lyx-windows-deps-msvc2017 :)
> > I'd like to know what happens if you
> > enable 'LYX_CPACK=ON' in cmake gui. Is there a new
> > target 'package'?
> > If yes, I expect created .zip-file if using this target (instead of 'install').
> >
> Yeah it works, this folder is created in the build directory: _CPack_Packages\win64\ZIP
> in this folder there is actually a folder called LyX24-2.4.0-win64, it contains the
> stuff which is in LYX_INSTALLED folder if building the INSTALL target/project and
> additionally the ZIP contains this LyX24-2.4.0-win64 folder packed in a zip file, there
> are no dependencies and Qt dlls though...

We expect qt be installed ...

Could you please evaluate, which procedure feel better.
Using 'install' and then copy the files
	or
using 'package' and then unpack/unzip at the desired place?

A revised patch is welcome, I will commit it.

	Kornel

PS:
BTW what's the meaning of having 'Yu Jin' as name in the mail and sign as
 'Eugene Chornyi'.
The former feels Korean while the second feels Russian.