Preparing for development

Yu Jin technikmagma at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 16:31:15 UTC 2020

 Hi again, thank you for welcoming.
I have looked into this a bit more and got LyX to recognize Python, I had
to change some strings in the support static library for that, I will send
a diff file later and we can discuss that.
As for the development environment, I think that QT Creator is a good
choice. Visual Studio for example makes "Debug" and "Release" subfolders in
the "bin" folder, and because of that things get more complicated. Also you
can edit the UI elements in QT Creator. I could not manage to get into the
main window UI yet though, maybe you could tell me how it works?
As for the other issues I have described, here are a few updates of what I
found:
1. Seems to be a bug with QT Creator, see:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-23060.
3. As said I could resolve that.
4. Even though LyX finds Python, it still does not display inserted pdf
files (I guess that Python is used to display them). Maybe someone could
give me a hint on where to start looking? I have not had a chance to learn
Python yet. But if you could point me in the right direction, like which
function to debug and what it basically does, it would be helpful.

I will extend the windows guide once I get along with the Python issue. I
am up for maintaining the windows installer, I will train that and see what
I can do.

regards,
Eugene

Am Do., 2. Jan. 2020 um 16:32 Uhr schrieb Jürgen Spitzmüller <spitz at lyx.org