Four babel_auto-legacy tests failing

Guenter Milde milde at
Wed Jan 1 15:04:57 UTC 2020

Dear Kornel,

On 2019-12-30, Kornel Benko wrote:
> Am Mon, 30 Dec 2019 17:08:41 -0000 (UTC)
> schrieb Guenter Milde <milde at>:


>> > Please retest.  

>> The new file "cyrillic-languages-conflict" should allow interactive
>> testing with different branches activated. So we may hopefully narrow down
>> the reason for Kornel's different test result.


> What would you like me to do?

When I tried last time, I got the conflicts described in the file and the
last post:

>> * Macedonian works together with Serbian and Kazakh.

>> * Sometimes I also see a conflict between Bulgarian and Russian and
>>   sometimes it works :(

But some strange things are going on:

* Today, there is no conflict (i.e. the file compiles fine with all
  language-branches activated).

* However, if Macedonian is active, the Cyrillic italic letters
  г, п, and т are replaced by ı, и, and ш with bar above (looking like ı̅
  и̅ and ш̅), respectively.

It would be good, if you (and others) could "manually" check the various
combinations of cyrillic languages in

> ATM, following language-tests are failing here:
> export/> export/export/latex/languages/th-en_utf8_pdf4_systemF
> export/export/latex/languages/cyrillic-languages-conflict_pdf5_systemF

The *systemF tests can be ignored, the problem is with Babel only.
I added a rule to ignoredTests.
(They fail because of missing Cyrillic characters in the default fonts.)

> export/export/latex/languages/th-en_utf8_pdf4_systemF

Probably a missing font (works here). OTOH, this test can be ignored, as
the tested workaround is for babel only.


More information about the lyx-devel mailing list