New export errors with TL19

Guenter Milde milde at users.sf.net
Sun Dec 15 21:42:03 UTC 2019

On 2019-12-14, Kornel Benko wrote:

>> > Installed are fonts-unfonts-core, fonts-unfonts-extra.
>> > These contain all of the required ttf-fonts. But apparently
>> > the fonts are not containing all needed glyphs.

>> This means the answer to
>> is yes.

>> Here, I have versions

>> i A  fonts-unfonts-core    1:1.0.2-080608 1:1.0.2-080608
>> i A  fonts-unfonts-extra   1:1.0.2-080608 1:1.0.2-080608

> Nearly the same here:
> 	fonts-unfonts-core	1:1.0.2-080608-14
> 	fonts-unfonts-extra	1:1.0.2-080608+dfsg-8

>> Still, the error message seems to show that the glyphs are missing in
>> NanumGothic, no in UnJamo*.

> I have all nanum fonts installed
> 	fonts-nanum	20170925-1
> 	fonts-nanum-coding	2.5-1
> 	fonts-nanum-eco	1.000-6
> 	fonts-nanum-extra	20170925-1

This may be an important difference, I do not have Nanum fonts installed here.

Looking in
/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/xetex/xetexko/xetexko-font.sty,
I see logic to load

  % default main hangul: nanummyeongjo, batang if absent

It seems this overrides the standard font selection with fontspec, uses
Nanum if present which misses the roman numerals.

Maybe it helps to define "\kormainfont" in the preamble (untested).
Otherwise, we might consider to skip the offending paragraph with fontspec.

>> Second question remains open:

Günter