New export errors with TL19

Guenter Milde milde at users.sf.net
Fri Dec 13 21:17:24 UTC 2019

On 2019-12-13, Kornel Benko wrote:

>> > I get
>> > Missing character: There is no ⅺ in font NanumGothic/OT:mapping=tex-text;!
>> > Missing character: There is no ⅻ in font NanumGothic/OT:mapping=tex-text;!
>> > Missing character: There is no Ⅺ in font NanumGothic/OT:mapping=tex-text;!
>> > Missing character: There is no Ⅻ in font NanumGothic/OT:mapping=tex-text;!
>> >

>> A font problem at your end?

> Looks like that. But I am unsure, what to do.

The strange thing is, that NanumGothic is not called (at least not
directly) and not used in the output (at least here). I do not have
NanumGothic non-TeX fonts installed but all 15 "cjk-ko-doc" tests pass.

NanumGothic is a fallback/default font setting, however, with non-TeX
fonts it is overridden by the combination of GUI font selection and LaTeX
preamble code.

OTOH, a lot of "nanum*" fonts are used with pdflatex/TeX-fonts.

Do you have the UnJamoBatang, UnJamoNovel, and UnTaza fonts installed?
Are they used in the PDF (XeTeX) output.

Günter