New export errors with TL19

Kornel Benko kornel at lyx.org
Thu Dec 12 09:06:38 UTC 2019

Am Thu, 12 Dec 2019 08:53:19 +0100
schrieb Jürgen Spitzmüller <spitz at lyx.org>:

> Am Donnerstag, den 12.12.2019, 08:18 +0100 schrieb Jürgen Spitzmüller:
> > This (and other errors) looks like something is screwed in your
> > installation:
> >
> > ! LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.
> >
> > See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation.
> > Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
> >
> > l.7 <
> >    !DOCTYPE html>
> > You're in trouble here.  Try typing  <return>  to proceed.
> > If that doesn't work, type  X <return>  to quit.
>
> Specifically, this looks like you tried to manually download single
> files from github and ended with the HTML pages rather than the files.
>
> I would recommend to clone the polyglossia repository and then make a
> symlink from your HOMETEXMF to the polyglossia tex folder.
>
> Jürgen

Thanks, I did not check the contents :(
Done as suggested.

The outcome is better, and the result is
	6% tests passed, 207 tests failed out of 220

For example with export/examples/fr/Presentations/Foils_pdf5_systemF
(/usr9/local/texlive/2019/texmf-dist/tex/latex/l3kernel/l3deprecation.def
File: l3deprecation.def 2019-04-06 v L3 Deprecated functions
))

! LaTeX3 Error: Backend request inconsistent with engine: using 'pdfmode'
(LaTeX3)        backend.

For immediate help type H <return>.

l.104   { \sys_load_backend:n { } }

You have requested backend 'dvips', but this is not suitable for use with the
active engine. LaTeX3 will use the 'pdfmode' backend instead.

Deprecated seems to imply that replacing polyglossia alone is not enough.

	Kornel