Wayland

Jean-Pierre Chrétien jeanpierre.chretien at free.fr
Mon Mar 29 13:38:03 UTC 2021

Le 29/03/2021 à 11:00, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes a écrit :
> Le 29/03/2021 à 10:38, Jean-Pierre Chrétien a écrit :
>> Le 29/03/2021 à 10:22, Jean-Pierre Chrétien a écrit :
>>> Dear developers
>>>
>>> With master git print 779f0a74, I get this when I start Lyx :
>>>
>>> Warning: Ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use
>>> QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on Wayland anyway.
>>>
>>> Debian Buster Gnome Wayland, indeed.
>>>

>> Same message with branch.
>
> What happens if you do what they say? I see the same with Ubuntu.

$ export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland
$ lyx-2.3.7dev
Warning: Ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland
to run on Wayland anyway.
QSocketNotifier: Can only be used with threads started with QThread
Using Wayland-EGL
Using the 'xdg-shell-v6' shell integration
qt.qpa.wayland: Wayland does not support QWindow::requestActivate()
qt.qpa.wayland: Wayland does not support QWindow::requestActivate()
qt.qpa.wayland: Wayland does not support QWindow::requestActivate()
qt.qpa.wayland: Wayland does not support QWindow::requestActivate()

And the window fonts are very small, the header is blue and the shortcut symbols
for the control of the window are unreadable (and in fact only closing is
functional).

--
Jean-Pierre