Error when compiling with Qt6 on macOS

Christoph Schmitz chr.schmitz at web.de
Thu Mar 25 13:50:20 UTC 2021

One library is obviously not installed by Homebrew: Qt6MacExtrasConfig. I searched for the two files manually, but without success.

-- CMake error message:

TOP_SRC_DIR = /Users/chris/Git/LyX

Building out-of-source
Selecting build type defaults from configure.ac

CXX11_FLAG_DETECTED = "--std=c++17 -Wno-deprecated-register"
Compiler supports std_regex
Using clang
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:793 (find_package):
Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Qt6MacExtras" with
any of the following names:

Qt6MacExtrasConfig.cmake
qt6macextras-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "Qt6MacExtras" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
"Qt6MacExtras_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files. If
"Qt6MacExtras" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it
has been installed.

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/Users/chris/Git/LyX/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/Users/chris/Git/LyX/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

Chris