[LyX/master] DocBook: add a parameter to change the namespace prefix for MathML.

Scott Kostyshak skostysh at lyx.org
Tue Mar 23 21:39:25 UTC 2021

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 05:08:39PM -0400, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
> On 3/23/21 4:13 PM, Thibaut Cuvelier wrote:
> > On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 at 15:48, Richard Kimberly Heck <rikiheck at lyx.org
> > <mailto:rikiheck at lyx.org>> wrote:
> >
> >     On 3/22/21 7:33 PM, Thibaut Cuvelier wrote:
> >     > commit 0f782b0ded08953dbcde48f22d51ba87133bc029
> >     > Author: Thibaut Cuvelier <tcuvelier at lyx.org
> >     <mailto:tcuvelier at lyx.org>>
> >     > Date:   Tue Mar 23 00:08:50 2021 +0100
> >     >
> >     >     DocBook: add a parameter to change the namespace prefix for
> >     MathML.
> >
> >     Any time the syntax of semantics of the LyX file itself changes,
> >     it's a
> >     format change, so: (1) Bump the document format; (2) Write a lyx2lyx
> >     routine to remove the new parameter; (3) Do what needs doing with
> >     tex2lyx. See lib/doc/Document.lyx, section 2.2.
> >

> > I had missed that, thanks for the notice. It should be corrected in the
> > new commit: 7a1e048f. There is nothing to add in tex2lyx, as its
> > behaviour should not change with this new parameter.
>
> The one last thing to do, then, is to update the tex2lyx tests. Otherwise,
> Scott will very soon complain that they are all failing.

True :). I would be fine, by the way, if the tests were removed. Have
they caught any bugs? Or rather, are they likely to catch bugs in the
future? The only strong preference I have is that if we keep them, we
try our best to update them. I believe updating them is on the check
list in Development.lyx so I guess the hard thing to remember is to
follow the check list.

Scott