[LyX/master] Add +/- buttons to zoom slider

Jürgen Spitzmüller spitz at lyx.org
Thu Mar 11 15:23:18 UTC 2021

Am Dienstag, dem 09.03.2021 um 14:50 +0100 schrieb Jürgen Spitzmüller:
> Am Di., 9. März 2021 um 14:48 Uhr schrieb Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <
> lasgouttes at lyx.org>:
> > The slider is still not aligned, but the status bar is taller :(
> >

> OK, reverted.

I investigated further. It seems that:

* Qt slider ticks can not be themed or customized.

* The alignment of the slider to other widgets always includes the
space required by the ticks. Thus the misalignment you see.

* The effect is theme dependent, though (attached you see how it looks
with the style I use; not too bad I think).

We have three options:

1. Leave as is and accept alignment issues

2. Add ticks on both sides, to the effect that the status bar height
increases (this also effects in stretched statusbar icons)

3. Remove ticks and have it neatly aligned.

I lean towards 3. What do you think?

Jürgen