Losing session settings on Mac (was: Using Lyx with git (instead of RCS))

Stephan Witt st.witt at gmx.net
Thu Mar 4 06:57:41 UTC 2021

Am 03.03.2021 um 22:25 schrieb Pavel Sanda <sanda at lyx.org>:

> On Wed, Mar 03, 2021 at 10:00:46PM +0100, Robert Neumann wrote:
>>>
>>> I do not experience your problem. The toolbars might get reset once upon a time
>>> (for example if you are upgrading to a newer version of lyx) but generally
>>> stay set consistently across sessions (linux here).
>>>
>>> If you
>>> 1) close all your lyx sessions
>>> 2) open new one and set toolbars acccording to your needs
>>> 3) close session
>>> 4) open new session again the toolbar is lost?
>>
>> not, not really: It works on 10.13 and 10.15 if I open Lyx directly,
>> If I double-click on a file in the finder it is gone...
>> both LyX 2.3.6.3
>
> I see, then this is bug specific to mac only.
> There must be something different when lyx is launched via its icon and
> when clicking just on the file.
>
> CC-ing lyx-devel, Stephan might have a clue what's going on.

I cannot reproduce on Mac either.

But there are reports sometimes about LyX’s settings not being persistent.

There are user errors:

https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/11558

or these are either Qt problems or LyX - I cannot say.

https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10364

Stephan