LyX 2.4.0-alpha1

José Abílio Matos jamatos at lyx.org
Sun Jan 31 10:04:13 UTC 2021

On Sunday, January 31, 2021 6:56:31 AM WET Liviu Andronic wrote:
> I've tried building Alpha 1 on Bionic but compilation ends up with this
> error:
>
> g++ -fPIC -O2 -std=c++17  -std=c++17  -g -O2
> -fdebug-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. -fstack-protector-strong
> -Wformat -Werror=format-security   -Wl,-z,defs -Wl,--as-needed
> -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro -o check_convert
> tests/check_convert.o tests/dummy_functions.o tests/boost.o
> liblyxsupport.a  -lQt5Core  -lmythes-1.2 -laspell  -lmagic
> /usr/bin/ld: liblyxsupport.a(checksum.o): undefined reference to symbol
> 'crc32' //lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libz.so.1: error adding symbols: DSO missing
> from command line

This fails because there is a missing -lz in the g++ call.

This is strange because it is missing in support but is present in tex2lyx
(immediately above).

Even more stranger I also get this error while compiling in:
https://download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/jamatos/lyx-devel/epel-7-x86_64/01858213-lyx-devel/build.log.gz

All the build logs can be found at:
https://download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/jamatos/lyx-devel/epel-7-x86_64/01858213-lyx-devel/

I get the error and yet the compile does not stop as the error is ignored...
(scratch head)

OK, I found it.
We (purposely) ignore errors in the test stage, this is why the build
proceeds. This is probably a remnant from previous versions.

So the summary is that the compile only fails on the "make check" stage. The
package built fine.
--
José Abílio