Patches for Python scripts

José Abílio Matos jamatos at lyx.org
Fri Jan 29 11:41:41 UTC 2021

On Friday, January 29, 2021 3:51:12 AM WET Thibaut Cuvelier wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> While working on the ePub output, I ran through many Python scripts. I
> corrected a few bgs and a lot of formatting, plus one feature (find Java in
> the Windows registry in configure.py), here are the patches. May I push
> them on the master branch?

There are things that I like on the patches that fix real bugs, there are
others that are cosmetic and in same case are white space changes. I am
ignoring the java detection part already discussed by Enrico.

Patches that should go in (they fix real bugs):
  * 10 (this is a matter of principle)
  * 7
  * 5
  * 6
  * 12 (a good idea, that could be used elsewhere)

I have doubts:
  * 11 (the regex changes)

I am neutral on all the other. These changes are opinionated changes that
change formatting mostly.

BTW to continue with the joke regarding black there is a new package called
blue: https://pypi.org/project/blue/

--
José Abílio