ctests for Additioonal.lyx lyx2lyx round trip failing on master

Kornel Benko kornel at lyx.org
Tue Jan 26 17:42:44 UTC 2021

Am Tue, 26 Jan 2021 18:15:02 +0100
schrieb Jürgen Spitzmüller <spitz at lyx.org>:

> Am Dienstag, dem 26.01.2021 um 11:58 -0500 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:
> > I see. I think I understand now. For the first column, the newline
> > insets are replaced with ERT, where as for the second and third
> > columns,
> > the new paragraphs are not replaced with ERT so the reversion routine
> > keeps being triggered. A potential solution would be to replace the
> > paragraph breaks with ERT so they would not trigger reversion
> > routines.
>
> Yes, but this solution would only please the tests and annoy normal
> users.
>
> Jürgen

The reversions are important if peoples work with the same lyx-file but have different
lyx-versions. (I pretend to see also these peoples as normal users)
Therefore the exchange is done through export. Not nice if, over the time, the ERT's are
more and more polluting the document.

The reason for these reversion tests was exactly this scenario. (Maybe not sufficient, but
certainly better than nothing)

	Kornel