ctests for Additioonal.lyx lyx2lyx round trip failing on master

Jürgen Spitzmüller spitz at lyx.org
Tue Jan 26 07:30:28 UTC 2021

Am Montag, dem 25.01.2021 um 15:09 -0500 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:
> It seems they fail the convergence criteria of the test. That is,
> with successive round trips the .lyx files keep changing. This is
> expected in some cases (and we can adapt the tests), but I don't know
> enough to know whether it's expected here.

It's expected. We insert ERT in reversion which we do not remove in
conversion (we generally don't do this).

> Also, it was surprising that the English version conver es but not
> the Spanish version. Here [1] is a screenshot of the Spanish
> Additional manual after a few iterations.
> Interestingly, the first column has only one pair of ERTs, but the
> second and third columns show the failed convergence. Here [2] is a
> screenshot of the English Additional manual in case it is helpful for
> comparison.

Yes, the ERTs are only inserted if the multirows have multiple
paragraphs or newline insets.

This is all expected. You can't expect a LyX document of this
complexity survive multiple cycles.

Jürgen