Alpha 2? Beta 1?

Richard Kimberly Heck rikiheck at lyx.org
Mon Jan 25 18:31:05 UTC 2021

Hi, all,

A couple fairly significant regressions have now been fixed in Alpha 1,
so it looks like time to do another release. The default would be to go
with Alpha 2. But, besides some missing layout files (my fault) and a
problem opening files, we have not had any serious bug reports from
Alpha 1 (that aren't already in 2.3.x). Should we think about a beta
release? To be honest, I don't know myself what people think the
difference is between the two, so I'd welcome suggestions.