Page Break vs New Page

Jean-Pierre Chrétien jeanpierre.chretien at free.fr
Mon Jan 25 09:43:14 UTC 2021

Le 25/01/2021 à 10:29, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes a écrit :

> But the problem with "adequate French typographical expressions" is that I can
> never figure out what "fer en haut" might mean.

A bit confusing I admit and difficult to explain in English. « fer » is the
limit of the frame inside which typographers used to stack characters. So

« fer à gauche » means that the characters are stacked from the left limit, i.e
left alignment
« fer en haut » means that the characters are stacked from the upper limit

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justification_(typographie)

Obviously, the page does not exist in English.

What about

--
Jean-Pierre