Insets and Apply

Richard Kimberly Heck rikiheck at lyx.org
Tue Jan 12 00:11:54 UTC 2021

On 1/11/21 4:52 AM, Pavel Sanda wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 09:14:18AM +0100, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
>> Am Samstag, dem 09.01.2021 um 21:46 -0500 schrieb Richard Kimberly
>> Heck:
>>> I'm a bit unsure what we want to do here. Should we disconnect the
>>> dialogs on cursor movement perhaps? Then they can remain open and
>>> won't act strangely.
>> Yes, I agree.
> +1

I've looked at this now. My initial idea was to add a member to
DispatchResult that would signal when we need to disconnect the dialogs,
like we do for updateBuffer, and set this whenever we do need to do
that. But it seems that we need to do that for a great majority of the
LFUNs. So then I thought I could set it by default and clear it when
that's necessary. Which would do. But another idea would be to add a
flag to LyXAction::FuncAttribs that would indicate whether we should
disconnect the dialogs after apply that LFUN. The advantage would be
that this would then be done in a central location and not spread all
over the code. Any thoughts?