Bookmark Marker Weirdness

Jürgen Spitzmüller spitz at lyx.org
Sun Feb 28 12:02:19 UTC 2021

Am Samstag, dem 27.02.2021 um 20:40 -0500 schrieb Richard Kimberly
Heck:
> Yes, better, but the markers do not appear when they are in section
> headings.
>
> The other problem I reported is still there: If the marker is in a
> footnote, then it appears not on the line where the footnote is but
> e.g.
> at the start of the paragraph. Same with other insets I've checked
> (e.g., branches). It also disappears if you put it into the inset
> then
> close the inset, though it reappears later, in the wrong position as
> just described.

And also a general problem is still here: bookmarks unpredictably move.
I do not use LyX bookmarks, but I probably would find it rather useless
if they point me to a completely different spot in the document after I
have added or deleted text preceding the bookmark.

Can't we update the bookmark's pit and pos on editing operations?

Jürgen