Why is debug output in message pane different from terminal

Stephan Witt st.witt at gmx.net
Thu Feb 25 06:30:55 UTC 2021

Am 25.02.2021 um 00:31 schrieb Richard Kimberly Heck <rikiheck at lyx.org>:

> On 2/24/21 4:03 PM, Stephan Witt wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> while trying to understand bug #11013 I have a problem with message pane output.
>>
>> The output is as follows:
>>
>> frontends/qt/GuiApplication.cpp (2329): action first set to []
>>
>> The corresponding debugger terminal output is:
>>
>> frontends/qt/GuiApplication.cpp (2329): action first set to [dialog-toggle]
>>
>> The code is:
>>
>> LYXERR(Debug::KEY, "action first set to [" << func.action() << ']');
>>
>> Please, is anybody here to explain it? I need to see the text in message pane at run-time.
>
> So it appears correctly in the terminal but not in the message pane? If you run from a terminal, that's what happens?

Good question. I’m using cmake build for debugging and autotools build for production.

The cmake build has different output - correct one in debugger broken in message pane.
This happens simultaneously with the same process at „the same time“.

The autotools build has both output streams w/o the action name - not good either.

Stephan