Why is debug output in message pane different from terminal

Stephan Witt st.witt at gmx.net
Wed Feb 24 21:03:12 UTC 2021

Hi all,

while trying to understand bug #11013 I have a problem with message pane output.

The output is as follows:

frontends/qt/GuiApplication.cpp (2329): action first set to []

The corresponding debugger terminal output is:

frontends/qt/GuiApplication.cpp (2329): action first set to [dialog-toggle]

The code is:

LYXERR(Debug::KEY, "action first set to [" << func.action() << ']');

Please, is anybody here to explain it? I need to see the text in message pane at run-time.

Stephan