configure.py assumes "python" command exists

José Abílio Matos jamatos at lyx.org
Tue Feb 23 18:40:46 UTC 2021

On Monday, February 15, 2021 3:25:45 PM WET Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> +1
>
> Thanks for taking a look, José.
>
> Scott

OK. I have lots of issues on hand but at least this is funny. :-)

One option would be to use some kind of string formatting. Actually since
curly braces are usually not used in OS we could use the string format syntax
(that is also used in C++20 format). One example would be:

\converter pdf4   pdf8  "{python} $$s/scripts/convert_pdf.py $$i $$o ebook"...

The lyx could convert internally {python} to the python path. Since lyx
already has this information, or else it would not call configure.py

If you do not like this option one in the same line as the other
interpolations that we apply is to use $${python}.

The other option is to replace this in configure.py like in the following
patch that I have not yet tested.

What do you think?
--
José Abílio