Apply for LyX Template Design for MDPI Publishing Ltd.

Enrico Forestieri forenr at lyx.org
Fri Feb 19 18:40:39 UTC 2021

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 10:12:22AM -0500, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
> On 2/19/21 6:15 AM, Latex wrote:
> > Dear Enrico,
> >
> > Thank you very much!
> >
> > We have tested again, Everything is good now.
> >
> > But we have a query about template maintain or update.
> > If we have to update template including cls and template.lyx (such as, in template.lyx, Original title "This is the Capitalized Title of the Paper", we hope keep it as our latex template, changing it to be "Title").

Of course you are free to do that and add a LyX note suggesting to
capitalize the title.

> Templates are just ordinary LyX files. So you can open the template in LyX
> and modify it as you would any LyX file. (They are also just text files and
> can be edited as such, though it is easier to make mistakes then.) The
> layout file is a text file and can be modified using any text editor.
>

> > How can we do? Or if in emergency, who can we contact to help update template.lyx, mdpi.layout, mdpi.cls?
>
> It will always be fine to post here.
>

> > In the following time, we will launch lyx mdpi template on our home page. We need to provide a brief instruction for LyX, do you have any suggestion about this instruction?
>
> If you want to provide a download link for LyX, then use
> https://www.lyx.org/Download. As for the layout and template, something like
> this should do:
>
> Put the mdpi.layout file into the layouts/ subdirectory of your LyX user
> directory (whose location can be found in the About LyX dialog). The
> template should be put into the templates/ subdirectory.

Note that this is not necessary as the template uses the local layout
file found in the "Definitions" subdirectory. People can directly edit
the template in place. I think this is the most user friendly way and
mimics the way the latex template has to be used. Users must simply be
advised of saving the .lyx file in the same directory containing the
"Definitions" subdirectory.

--
Enrico