Apply for LyX Template Design for MDPI Publishing Ltd.

Richard Kimberly Heck rikiheck at lyx.org
Fri Feb 19 15:12:22 UTC 2021

On 2/19/21 6:15 AM, Latex wrote:
> Dear Enrico,
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> We have tested again, Everything is good now.
>
> But we have a query about template maintain or update.
> If we have to update template including cls and template.lyx (such as, in template.lyx, Original title "This is the Capitalized Title of the Paper", we hope keep it as our latex template, changing it to be "Title").

Templates are just ordinary LyX files. So you can open the template in
LyX  and modify it as you would any LyX file. (They are also just text
files and can be edited as such, though it is easier to make mistakes
then.) The layout file is a text file and can be modified using any text
editor.

> How can we do? Or if in emergency, who can we contact to help update template.lyx, mdpi.layout, mdpi.cls?

It will always be fine to post here.

> In the following time, we will launch lyx mdpi template on our home page. We need to provide a brief instruction for LyX, do you have any suggestion about this instruction?

If you want to provide a download link for LyX, then use
https://www.lyx.org/Download. As for the layout and template, something
like this should do:

Put the mdpi.layout file into the layouts/ subdirectory of your LyX user
directory (whose location can be found in the About LyX dialog). The
template should be put into the templates/ subdirectory.

Riki