Bad link for downloads; Apple Silicon

list_email at icloud.com list_email at icloud.com
Thu Feb 18 05:56:42 UTC 2021

On the LyX download page, I believe the link for macOS Legacy 2.3.6.2 points to the wrong place. The link is

https://ftp.lip6.fr/pub/lyx/bin/2.3.6/LyX-2.3.6.2+qt5-12-x86_64-cocoa.dmg

and I think it should be

https://ftp.lip6.fr/pub/lyx/bin/2.3.6/LyX-2.3.6.2+qt5-legacy-x86_64-cocoa.dmg.

BTW, what is “legacy?” I gather it is made using an older version of the macOS frameworks. If so, THANK YOU for doing this. My Mac refuses to break and I refuse to buy a new until it does (or Apple Silicon comes in my size) and Apple doesn’t support a newer OS so I’m stuck at macOS 10.11.6.

Since we’re on the subject, what is the future of LyX on Apple Silicon? Rosetta 2? Native? Qt issues?

Jerry