[RFC] Simple Search to Bottom Dock

Jean-Marc Lasgouttes lasgouttes at lyx.org
Mon Feb 15 10:49:49 UTC 2021

Le 15/02/2021 à 10:55, Jürgen Spitzmüller a écrit :
> Am Sonntag, dem 14.02.2021 um 23:40 +0100 schrieb Jean-Marc Lasgouttes:
>> 'find as you type'.
>
> Proof of concept (as I understood it) in master. Please check.

Not that bad ;) A problem though:

+       if (instant)
+               // re-query current match
+               dispatch(FuncRequest(LFUN_WORD_BACKWARD));

The search string is not necessarily a word. Instead of going a word
backward, the best is to put the cursor at the beginning of the selection.

Example: open the Intro manual and search for the string "find a problem".

Another feature of  this emacs search as you type is that when one types
C-s the search string is empty, but a second C-s will set the search
string to the last string. I am not sure this is compatible with our
toggling behavior, though. Personally, I prefer a new C-f to do
find-next than toggle, but it is a matter of taste.

JMarc