[RFC] Simple Search to Bottom Dock

Jürgen Spitzmüller spitz at lyx.org
Mon Feb 15 08:11:23 UTC 2021

Am Sonntag, dem 14.02.2021 um 22:54 +0100 schrieb Pavel Sanda:
> Another glitch: F3 in search pane goes forward, F3 in edit area goes
> backward.

This looks like an (unintended?) consequence of Stephan's work: word-
find now uses cached search information _including_ direction.

Stephan is this really how it should be?

We could re-bind F3 to word-find-forward in cua, but this has the
drawback that it doesn't open the search dialog if the buffer is empty.

> If I understand correctly the situation on Mac, when some text is
> selected, you can immediately use shortcut for find-next. Wouldn't be
> cool to have shortcut for this in linux as well (AFAIK we don't now)?

Bound to Ctrl-F3 now.

Jürgen